Quote

Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures.

Jessamyn West
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
noirness has read 8 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Archive

Monday, November 12, 2012






I'm sitting here only 1800 words away from my daily word count and I find myself continuously slumping into a rut of "What's the point?" Unfortunately this has been a common theme not on in my writing but also my life. Both are trodding along with no excitement or purpose. Both are a humdrum recount of useless events.

I thought when I began this journey that writing a romance would be easy. What could be hard about it? It's simply storytelling about two people and love.

Wrong!

As I mentioned in my previous post, there is a lot involved when writing a romance. But beside from all the intricate details of the genre you have to have a story, and once you have a story you have to write it. I know my story, I just don't know how to get from point A to point B. I feel like I'm rambling and wasting time.

Once I get going on an idea for a scene, I run with it. Then the scene ends and I'm left slack-jawed, staring at my computer going, "A-buuuuhhhh."

Then I re-discovered Twitter and found another avenue of procrastination.

I was honoured, though, to be featured in a fellow Wrimo-Tweeter's article about inspiration during National Novel Writing Month.

Click Hither

Check out my Tweet. It's the first one!

0 comments: