Quote

Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures.

Jessamyn West
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
noirness has read 8 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 15, 2005
I consider myself a raving cynic. I analyze sayings that most people just take at face value. For instance, I recently used the phrase, "There's no such thing as a free lunch," then proceeded to explain to Mike why this was, in fact, not true. Here is my reasoning:


If a wild cow found in a forest is killed by a wolf-raised naked man's bare hands, slaughtered with rocks, cooked over a man-made fire and served to you in the street, wouldn't it be free? Of course, it wouldn't taste that great (and it would be much easier to apply the previously discussed course of action to a chicken) but it would still, in all sense of the word, be free.


And then the man could certainly fashion a tunic from the cow's hyde.

0 comments: