Quote

Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures.

Jessamyn West
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
noirness has read 8 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Archive

Thursday, November 29, 2012



Anyone who has played this game and participated in NaNoWriMo will understand the significance of that video clip. If you've only done either one or the other, or neither, then you probably have no sweet clue why the fuck I would post a video of a creepy guy yelling at a camera.

As I sit here on the Eve of Day Final, I feel much like I always do when I play Nightmare: It's the last minute, time is running out, the only chance of succeeding hinges on speed and chance. My heart is racing, sweat forms upon my brow and I'm worried that if I make a wrong move all my efforts will have been all for naught.

Fortunately, I do feel like I'm sitting at the game board, all keys in hand, just waiting to land on the center square to determine my fate. I am only 1645 words away from my first successful WriMo, but it's not over yet. Fate my have a different idea for me come tomorrow night at 11:59.

But I'm confident, and that makes a difference. Even as I sit and write this blog post instead of working on my word count, I don't have that feeling of anxiety settling upon my chest, causing my hands to shake and my heart to beat unusually fast. I'm calm, I'm cool, I'm ready to do this.

Because if I don't, that would be a total nightmare.

0 comments: