Quote
Jessamyn West
Powered by Blogger.
Post Labels
- completely unrelated to writing yet satisfyingly distracting (12)
- i'm crafty too (1)
- nanowrimo (31)
- on writing (14)
- random thoughts (11)
Popular Posts
-
One night not too far ago, I was laying in a half awake half asleep state during the night. I came up with a neat idea: Digital Scavenger Hu...
-
I'd love to say that I haven't posted in this blog because I have been diligently working on my novel and keeping up with my daily w...
-
It's been two whole months since finishing NaNoWriMo and I have spent that entire time struggling through a novel I've been writing ...
-
So here I am on Day One of NaNoWriMo and I'm writing a blog post. But guess what, bitches? This girl has reached her target word count f...
-
Forgive me fellow writers, for I have sinned. This is my first confession. While behind on my word count I went back and edited some of m...
-
Besides writing I try to spend a lot of my free time being artistically creative. One thing I enjoy doing is digital art, mainly photo-manip...
-
So here I am at Day 23, barely skirting 10 000 words. I haven't had a chance to write in the last couple of days...work, day trips, work...
-
I can hear you now: "Ugh! No one should use outlines when writing a novel! You should write as the story happens!" Spoken like a t...
-
10 535 That number shall be forever imprinted into the very fibres of my soul. Now, I am free. And just in time for the holiday season. N...
Blog Archive
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
So in an effort to enrich my understanding of popular culture (or procrastinate from doing anything useful) I came upon a website known as SydLexia.com. Here one can find interesting factoids and commentaries about 80's pop culture...most notably NES games. While perusing this archive of wonderment I came upon a life-changing article revealing the truth about Super Mario 2. Here is a synopsis of what I discovered:
Super Mario 2, released in 1988, as Western civilization knows it was specifically marketed to the US and European markets. Another completely different version was sold in Japan around the same time. Why two different versions? Apparently Japan felt North American culture was not advanced enough to handle their original version of SMB2. Instead they reworked a game called Doki Doki Panic into a Mario-esque addition to the franchise. Images to prove:

(c) SydLexia.com
Shocking, I know. For more info, visit: http://www.sydlexia.com/smb2j.htm
Super Mario 2, released in 1988, as Western civilization knows it was specifically marketed to the US and European markets. Another completely different version was sold in Japan around the same time. Why two different versions? Apparently Japan felt North American culture was not advanced enough to handle their original version of SMB2. Instead they reworked a game called Doki Doki Panic into a Mario-esque addition to the franchise. Images to prove:

(c) SydLexia.com
Shocking, I know. For more info, visit: http://www.sydlexia.com/smb2j.htm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment