Quote

Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures.

Jessamyn West
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
noirness has read 8 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Alrighty...so nanowrimo was a huuuge flop this year. I made it to an impressive 400 word count, but this is because I gave up almost as soon as I had begun. Life took a detour this fall that I was not expecting, so writing (or forcing myself to do anything creative) has become difficult...if not impossible.

But I strive on. I've been dabbling in a new story called The Darkmoon Prophecies based on a series of stories that Lint and I used to write as kids. Of course now they take on a more mature undertone, but just reliving those tales is extremely nostalgic and a little bit fun. Deeva&Evalita is not forgotten...I've been reverting to my old method of writing different portions of the story as they come to me and then hoping they will tie in together at a later juncture. Currently I am working on a parody of Fatboy Slim's "Weapon of Choice" music video featuring Christopher Walkin (this is a must see! youtube it!). I'm not sure how to write dance moves, but we'll see what happens.

I wish I could use my writing as an escape...

0 comments: