Quote

Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures.

Jessamyn West
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
noirness has read 8 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 4, 2008
So I've began to write...about 400 words on day four. Look at me go! Wheeee! Oh well, I'm giving it a try, despite the current state of my mind. Alot happening up in there that I don't feel like expressing through the art of blog, but needless to say perhaps nanowrimo is exactly the type of distraction I need whenever I feel hopeless.

I've decided on a story: The Freaks. It originated as an idea for a comic, but seeing as I can't draw comics I thought perhaps I could communicate the plot through written word. It began as a joke amongst a couple of friends and I, whereas I expressed a desire to be able to spew bufoten from my pores whenever threatened, much like a toad. From there Lisa decided her superpower would be to knit things very fast (she was going through a mitten-knitting stage at this time). Kim would possess the power of a flame-throwing flick, which is not far from the actual truth (Kim is known for her spring-loaded flicking abilities). Thus was born Toadie, Flicker and The Knitwit.

But we needed a name. Luckily, I had this conversation with Mel:

"Here's my new story idea."
"You're a freak."
"Why yes I am, I think I shall call them 'The Freakies'."
"Whatever."

Actually, I can't find the conversations verbatim in my archived messages, but it went something like that. I just spent half an hour searching said archives instead of writing. Anywho, I decided to shorten the title to "The Freaks" and such is how legends are born.

So basically they are crime-fighting super-heros with really weird and obscure powers.

And on the note of procrastination, here are some funny convos I found on MSN between Mel and I...Enjoy.

Noirness: i want to write a romantic fanfic about pyramid head
Melanie: haha wtg
Melanie: i mean to say wtf
Noirness: ph needs love too
Melanie: make it a short story
Noirness: maybe i should base it on frankenstein
Noirness: and he falls in love with the little girl when she grows up and gets stuck in silent hill
Noirness: and then he kills her
Noirness: cause that's what he do
Melanie: strange
Melanie: and disturbing
Noirness: yet somehow sweet and tender

Melanie: im just saying your pyramid head obsession is weird =P
Noirness: he's my booooiiiyyyy
Melanie: imagine if you drew pyramidhead all the time
Noirness: i'm going to start. just for you.
Melanie: send them all to me in the mail
Noirness: you'll have to put them on your wall
Melanie: okay
Noirness: dealio
Melanie: i put them on my desk at work
Melanie: people would think im a freak
Noirness: if they don't already
Melanie: "i promised my mentally unstable friend i would put up her drawings, she's obsessed with pyramid head you see"
Melanie: "no no i swear these arent mine"
Noirness: i'm going to sign them with your name

0 comments: