Quote

Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures.

Jessamyn West
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
noirness has read 8 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Archive

Saturday, November 3, 2007
So I probably shouldn't even be writing right now...what I should be doing is getting ready for work. However, I just wanted to update my thoughts and feelings about nanowrimo.


I went back to my first SH fanfic and found out (much to my dismay) that the word count was barely 30k. I had a feeling the story itself wasn't novel-length but it took forever to write what I have now. The thing with writing stories based on Silent Hill is that the plot and dialogue and characters and everything have to be so precise in order to convey the creepy atmosphere that the games are known for. Really, it would be a huge feat to try to do it in one month.


Also, I've gotten a fairly decent start on Deeva & Evalita and am confident that I can come up with 50k words of story. I named it "The Adventures of..." so that I have more liberty in how many subplots emerge during the story. If one plot wraps up, I'll just start another one.


But as far as finding time to write, I was fortunate enough last night to be able to write a chunk at work. However, starting next week there will always be 2 people working the closing shift, which means I'll never be alone which means I won't be able to write. I'll have to try and find time when it is spare.


Anywho, I've posted links on the right hand side of this page to the chapters of the story as I write them.

0 comments: